What Is Injection Molding?
Injection molding(also called plastic injection molding) is a manufacturing process start from 1940s. The advantages of injection molding are fast production speed, high efficiency, automatic operation, various designs, shapes from simple to complex, sizes from large to small, and accurate product dimensions. Widely used in daily necessities, consumer electronics, automotive industry, and aerospace, etc.
At BOYI Prototypes, we provide injection molding service from tools making to mass production including finishing service. We can produce 20 to 10,000,00+ parts in all kinds of plastic material.
Advantages of BOYI Injection Molding
- Efficient for Mass Production
The tools can make high-volume production of parts into the millions.
- Many 0ptional Plastic Materials
There are thousands of plastic material for injection molding.
- Low cost
Large-volume and efficient production can ensure a low cost for every parts.
- Outstanding Surface Quality
Usually, injection molded parts come out with very smooth surface.
The Injection Molding Process
After receiving the customer’s design and product drawing, we will make a DFM analysis report to discuss with the customer;
With confirming, we start to order the mold material-order the mold embryo-order the hot runner-print out the injection mold drawing;
The customer prepays 50% of the mold payment, and receives After the payment is received, the mold is first processed by programming a machining program, removing copper, and producing CNC and EMD processing drawings) and then processing.
The general process of injection molding processing is as follows:
1. EMD processing, testing the processed front and rear mold cores; injection mold electrode detection, testing tools: precision calipers, check the parameters of the injection mold one by one according to the requirements of the drawing
2. Wire cutting processing; slant top hole, flat top pinhole with slow wire processing
3. Carved bone position; some injection molds use precise engraving (the CNC machine requires extremely high precision) to process for a long time. The advantage is that there is no need to save the mold after carving, and the EMD processing time is also saved.
4. Milling machine processing;
5. Lathe processing
6. Mold clamping. The oblique top, the mating surface of the row position and the mold core, and the impact/insertion surface of the front and rear molds require FIT molds. This process takes time and effort, but is also an important part of mold quality;
7. Complete mold assembly-test mold. Also known as T1 T2
8. The product parameters of the surveying and mapping department are checked with the 2D drawings provided by the customer, and the samples are delivered to the customer without errors.
9. Customer feedback paid the final payment of the injection mold, and the mold was formally delivered to the injection molding workshop, ready for mass production.